How to Clean your Airbnb and keep your Apartment tidy
July 10, 2017
The first thing your guests will see when entering your Airbnb or Shortlet Apartment is the state in which it is in. This includes cleanliness and any rubbish or mess hoarded to create a frantic atmosphere. Cleanliness = results in the comfort and happiness of your guests. And a happy guest means a happy you.
Follow these steps and you will learn how to clean your Airbnb and keep your Apartment tidy.
1) VENTILATION Ever walked into a room and been smacked in the face with sweat, heat and left over human aromas?
I think it’s safe to say we all have. In order to avoid a very bad review and an extremely unhappy guest; make sure to open your windows in order to remove odours left behind. People are often misconstrued over the air inside their homes. In fact, the air inside your apartment could be more polluted than outside due to house dust or chemicals from fragrances used in cleaning equipment therefore if you regularly keep your Apartment ventilated, this will help kill microbes and keep good air quality.
2) DUSTING/HOOVERING Dusting and hoovering is essential in creating a clean breathing space for your guests. Many people who have asthma can become affected by the build up of dust which consequently, can cause breathing problems for them. Dust can be anywhere, even places you wouldn’t think to check so make sure to check everywhere, including under the furniture. Hoovering not only gets rid of dust but also gets rid of the dirt left behind on the floor To prevent dusting, take your duster and get rid of those dust bunnies!
…or dust dogs? Whatever you want to call them.
3) THE KITCHEN Don’t forget to clean the microwave, toaster, oven or any other appliances you may have. It’s easy to remember to mop the counters or any surface area that gets used but people always forget to ensure the fridge has been wiped down and cleaned. No guest wants to open the fridge and smell rotting yoghurt stains! The best way to eliminate odours and ensure your fridge smells lovely is to hollow our a grapefruit or orange, fill it with salt and place it in the back of the fridge. This should be left in the fridge until the salt gets damp and then throw the whole fruit out and repeat it again. The salt draws out the citrus smell leaving your guests with stimulated tastebuds every time they open the fridge.
4) RUBBISH BINS Make sure you change the bins in both the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom and disinfect them, in order to remove bad odours.
5) BATHROOM The cleanliness of the bathroom is one of the most important factors. Nobody wants to walk into the shower and have to worry about not touching any of the walls or use tissues so their hand doesn’t touch flush. Make sure there is no limescale in the toilet, the sink has been cleaned and all visible surfaces have been cleaned, the mirrors have been cleaned and the toothpaste marks removed. To clean this easily, rub half a lemon on to it and rub with a clean cloth. To remove stubborn soap stains from the shower head; use vinegar and a sponge. Finish off with placing some beautiful smelling fragrance sticks in the bathroom. Make sure to clean the drainage too, using baking soda mixed with vinegar. This washes away all of the clog and dirt left behind in the drain.
6) BEDROOM The last thing a host needs to do for their guest is ensure clean and professional linen is provided and their sheets are tucked in to a hotel standard.
Doing this before and after every guest can be draining so if following this list gets too much for you, you can always contact Airlinen at www.airlinen.co.uk who will provide professional linen for your Airbnb and Shortlet Apartment, professionally clean your apartment for you and provide luxury toiletries.